About Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Bremerton WA
The Story of Bremerton’s own Emmanuel Lutheran Church goes way back to 1945 when the first service was performed in a private home in Manette. Quickly growing, in January of 1946 the Quonset Hut was built and by February the first council election was held. At that time the formation of the Manette Lutheran Church of Bremerton which was then affiliated with the ELC (Evangelical Lutheran Church)
A New Church is Built
As the congregation grew so was the need for a bigger facility and by 1955 the groundbreaking for today’s church occurred. It was 1956 that the dedication of the new Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Almost 500 worshipers packed the building for the dedication and Sunday service.
Today’s Emmanuel Lutheran Church