Historic Timeline of Bremerton’s Emmanuel Lutheran Church:

December 16, 1945 – First Service Held (in a private home in Manette)

January 13, 1946 – Quonset Hut Built

Febuary 05, 1946 – Organizational Meeting and first council election: Manette Lutheran Church (syndical affiliation: Evangelical Lutheran Church)

May 30, 1946 – Ground breaking of the New Chapel

September 8, 1946 – Chapel Dedicated

June 5, 1949 – New church building dedicated (now our fellowship hall and upstairs area)

July 17, 1955 – Groundbreaking for new church

November 22, 1956 First Worship service in new church as it stands today ( 480 people in attendance)

December 16, 1956 – Dedication of the new Emmanuel Lutheran Church

1960 – The Evangelical Lutheran Church merged with the American Lutheran Church and the United Evangelical Lutheran Church and we became ALC

January 1, 1988 – The ALC merged with the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches and the Lutheran Church in America and we became ELCA

August 8, 2010 – Emmanuel Lutheran Church voted to sever ties with the ELCA, and merge with Hope Lutheran Church to join the American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC).

Date of Congregation’s Organization: February 5, 1946

Upcoming Events
June 3, 2017
  • Men's Fellowship Breakfast
    Starts: 8:00 am
    Ends: June 3, 2017 - 9:00 am

    Location: The Bridge Deli & Coffee Co., East 11th Street, Bremerton, WA, United States

July 1, 2017
  • Men's Fellowship Breakfast
    Starts: 8:00 am
    Ends: July 1, 2017 - 9:00 am

    Location: The Bridge Deli & Coffee Co., East 11th Street, Bremerton, WA, United States

August 5, 2017
  • Men's Fellowship Breakfast
    Starts: 8:00 am
    Ends: August 5, 2017 - 9:00 am

    Location: The Bridge Deli & Coffee Co., East 11th Street, Bremerton, WA, United States